The way in which scientific research is carried out is undergoing a series of radical changes as a result of the digital revolution. Researchers in all disciplines are increasingly adopting digital tools, techniques and practices in communities and projects that span multiple disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries.
The e-Science 2013 conference is designed to bring together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of e-Science applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference aims to serve as a forum to present resent research advances in e-Science and highlight associated activities worldwide, providing an outlook of challenges and opportunities we will face in the next decade.
e-Science 2013 will emphasize on advances in the application of digital technologies into certain disciplines. We also welcome advances that involve computing-oriented, data-oriented, and extreme scale approaches and applications. Cloud computing as a new computing paradigm also imposes many technical, cultural and business challenges into the e-Research, we expect contributions towards them as well.
The conference will be structured, but not limited, to the following themes
- Arts, humanities and e-Social science
- Bioinformatics and Health
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Climate, Environmental & Earth Sciences
- Data science, data management and digital repositories
- Tools, technologies and cyber-infrastructures
- Cloud computing in e-Science
- Supercomputing and high-performance computing
- Education and e-Science practice
- Qin Dahe from Chinese Academy of Sciences and China Meteorological Administration will make a keynote speech on Informatization of Climate Change Science Research.
- Decision for Student Award has been made
- Conference Registration will closed on 15 Oct. 2013
- Su Jing from National Science and Technology Infrastructure Center, MOST of China, will make a keynote speech on National S&T Infrastructure Program.
- Ian Bird from CERN will deliver keynote address about Higgs Discovery at e-Science 2013.
- Alexander Szalay from Johns Hopkins University will deliver keynote address about Genes at e-Science 2013.
- The 3rd China e-Science Forum, 21-22 Oct 2013
- Microsoft e-Science Workshop, 23-24 Oct 2013
- Workshop on e-Science in Nuclear Science and Engineering, 21 Oct 2013
- International Workshop on Analyzing and Improving Collaborative eScience with Social Networks, 21 Oct 2013
- CHAIN-REDS Workshop, 21 Oct 2013
- PRAGMA25 Workshop, 16-18 Oct 2013